POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : A note on #debug output in v3.7, beta 29 : A note on #debug output in v3.7, beta 29 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:28:28 EDT (-0400)
  A note on #debug output in v3.7, beta 29
From: Kyle
Date: 12 Dec 2008 09:18:32
Message: <494272b8@news.povray.org>
This is not a major issue, but I figured I'd bring it to attention.

In v3.7, beta 29, a scene file containing only the following statement
will not write to the message window:

#debug "My Debug Text"

Adding "\n" to the end of the statement, or adding a #debug "\n"
statement to the end of the scene file will cause the line to be written
to the message window.

It seems that a final "\n" at the end of the scene file was implied in
version 3.6, but not in the current beta.